Stringer Topo V24.20 includes fixes and updates in response to customer feedback.
Stringer Topo V24.20 is available for:
- AutoCAD 2018 to AutoCAD 2024
- Civil 3D 2018 to Civil 3D 2024
- BricsCAD V21 to BricsCAD V24
Stringer Topo V24.20 requires a Civil Survey Applications V24 license for operation beyond the evaluation period. All subscription customers automatically receive V24 license keys which can be obtained from the Civil Survey Solutions Customer Centre.
Network License Customers | IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We are in the process of changing our licensing system for Stringer Topo to allow greater flexibility for customers in the future. As such, the new Stringer Topo V24 is currently only available as a single user/standalone license.
To enable Stringer Topo customers who have multi user/network licensing to upgrade to Stringer Topo V24, we will provide enough single user/standalone licenses to cover the entire workforce until such time as the multi user/network license is available.
If you are a customer with multi user/network Stringer Topo and would like to upgrade to Stringer Topo V24, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will organise the single user/standalone licenses for you.
Side-by-Side Installation with Previous Stringer Topo Versions
The previous Stringer Topo (Stringer Topo Legacy) has been updated to operate side-by-side with Stringer Topo V24. During installation you will have an opportunity to add the Stringer Topo Legacy ribbon to your installation. This will add the Stringer Topo ribbon and all functionality will be available.
Note that there is a new command included in Stringer Topo Legacy called ‘Enable Dynamics’. In order to maintain performance in Stringer Topo V24, some dynamics have been disabled in Stringer Topo Legacy. If it is intended to use only the legacy tools for a session, you can click Enable Dynamics to turn on all event reactors for the legacy commands.
Important note: Stringer Topo Legacy on BricsCAD
For Stringer Legacy customers, you may be required to select your Stringer Correlation (*.sdb) file and Symbol Template file (picking a .dwg in the folder containing all resource .dwg files is required. By default, these files live within the path ‘C:\ProgramData\CSS\Stringer CAD V24\correlation’. To avoid selecting these files in the future, run the Stringer Settings (Legacy) command and select Save and Exit – this will store the default location of the correlation file and supporting drawing resources to the settings.
- Quick Point Editor command added. Users can select a point and change the point number, elevation and description in a single form.
- The Points List command now operates as an editor. Users can edit point number, easting, northing, elevation and description via the form
- Added an option in the Survey String Settings form to set the 3D polyline controls to match the 2D polyline details set by the user
- The Point Transformation tool now includes an option to pick the adjusted easting and northing from the drawing.
- Improved the messaging when running the Delete Segment command from the menu
- When Stringer commands are run and the drawing is not saved, users will be prompted to save the drawing
- Fixed a crash in Active Drawing Settings when running USA settings at high dpi
- In Point Styles if a user clicks to select a block and then cancels the operation, the original block is not reset
- Fixed an issue within the Cadastral Lines command where the Elevation Type was not correctly changing to Elevation Difference or Grade.
- Stringer Legacy has not been updated to support 4k monitors.
- Cadastral Lines command
- If duplicate point numbers are created in a drawing, the software will automatically use one of the duplicates only
- Mixing traverse lines and side shots will result in the ‘traverse’ polyline being removed up to the first side shot. It is recommended to separate traverse lines and side shots into different groups
- After resizing or rotating a viewport, the REGENALL command needs to be run to update the viewport and point label display.
- If the user does not set a Point Style within Point Code Set, the default of ‘[User Assign] – 5 Fields’ may be selected. This style is blank and does not show any of the point attributes visually within the drawing if used. This is to alert the user to a mistake in their Point Style Selection.
- Acronis anti-virus and malware applications may assume that the Pack Mode process (whereby we zip the software data folder and include it inside the drawing file) is a possible malware threat. This is a false positive and can be added to the allowlist.
- Stringer Legacy commands (in particular the creation of a surface from legacy Stringer points) does not support data packing (Pack Mode). Customers are advised against enabling Pack Mode and initiating legacy Stringer commands.