- Go to the Outputs tab – Export Civil Objects to SDF.
- You will create an SDF file
- Open a new Drawing and type in MAPIMPORT and find the SDF file you just created and click ok. (if you need to set a co-ordinate system do so)
- Click ok and then zoom extents (if you get an error when clicking ok you need to do these steps below).
- Type MAPIMPORT into the commandline and find where you have saved your SDF file and select it (make sure the File type is on Autodesk SDF*)
- Once you have imported them back into the drawing then you can type in the commandline MAPEXPORT and export these out as an ESRI Shapefile (*.shp)
A SHP file should turn up in your folder where required.
When you run the MAPIMPORT or MAPEXPORT command in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 or AutoCAD® Map 3D 2013, the following error message is displayed:
SHP selected: FDO Provider ‘OSGeoSHP.3.8’ Not Registered
SDF selected: FDO Provider ‘OSGeoSDF.3.8’ Not Registered
SQLite selected: FDO Provider ‘OSGeo.SQLite.3.8’ Not Registered
This problem occurs after Service Pack 1 (SP1) for the 2014 version of the product has been applied to machines that also have a 2013 version installed.
To resolve the problem:
Exit all AutoCAD-based programs.
Browse to one of the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\bin\FDO
Rename the file providers.xml to providers_old.xml.
Download and unzip the attached file, and place it in the FDO folder.
Start AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and ensure that you can run MAPIMPORT and choose a SHP, SDF, or SQLite file.
Note: The attached providers.xml file comes from the English version. If it is copied to other language versions of the program, the FDO Providers in Data Connect will show names in English instead of the original language.